In most families, it is typical that the wife or mom will be the one to arrange doctor and dental appointments for the family. While this is a good thing, it can sometimes mean that Dad doesn’t get his appointment scheduled. So, this father’s day, why not try to help your dad take that first step towards a healthy mouth!
Usually there are a couple of reasons why dad won’t schedule his dental appointment.
- Time - Between work and family, there isn’t a lot of time to get in
- Fear of Judgement - They haven’t been in a while and they are worried of what someone might think or say
- Prioritizing themselves - Just like moms, dad’s can also tend to put other things in front of their own health at times
Why Grand Avenue Dental Care might be a good fit for your Dad (or husband)!
- We have late hours! We are open until 7:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday, so there is lots of time for Dad to come over after work.
- NO Judgement! We never judge anyone who walks through our door. Just by coming, we think that you are taking your next step in improving your oral health, and we are all about that! Welcome to our office!
- We treat each patient like a person. Each of us should take the time to take care of ourselves and we’ll be sure to encourage your dad to take care of himself.
- We serve cookies! (Let's be real ... sometimes we all need a nudge...) =)
Regardless of whether your dad schedules a dental appointment or not, having a conversation with him about his oral health is a great thing to do and it shows him that you care. If you or your dad need anything, we are always happy to welcome new patients! We hope all of the dads out there have a wonderful and relaxing weekend with their families!
From all of us at Grand Avenue Dental Care, Happy Father’s Day!